The purpose of the American Society of Craniofacial Surgeons is:
- To furnish leadership and foster advances in craniofacial surgery.
- To afford a forum for the exchange of knowledge pertaining to practice of craniofacial surgery.
- To stimulate research, investigation, and teaching in the methods of preventing and correcting congenital and acquired craniofacial deformities.
- To enhance the study and practice of craniofacial surgery
- To afford recognition to those who have contributed to craniofacial surgery by extending to them membership in the Society.